Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Shocking Pink! Milani Rose Hip Review

Best Blogger Tips


What the Label Says

Rich, exciting color shines in a dazzling array of Cream, Shimmer, Pearl and Metallic Lipsticks. 
Shades contain high levels of pigments for vibrant, full-coverage Color With Impact.  Luxurious moisturizing cream formula makes lips incredibly soft and smooth.
Net Weight:
3.74 grams

Price:
$ 4.49 at drugstore.com
Not available locally


Swatches

 Rose Hip is a loud bright "neony" fuchsia hot pink with blue undertones. 

Due to the "bluish" undertones, this color may not be easy to wear for all skin tones, especially those with olive undertones like me so be wary of this. The color may be best for lighter skin tones, those in the NC 15-25 range. I am NC35 with olive undertones and surprisingly the color worked on me. 
 

.COLOR IS SOOOO MUCH MORE BRIGHTER IN ACTUAL. THIS PICTURE DOES NOT GIVE JUSTICE TO HOW SHOCKING PINK THIS COLOR IS.

*
This is my first Milani lipstick. I bought this during my most recent drugstore.com haul, which you can read here.

I love pink lipstick, it's something that can instantly brighten up a face. For a long time now I have been wanting to buy a really bright shocking pink lippie. I have so long wanted to buy Nars Schiap ever since i swatched it on at Essenses and loved it, but the hefty price tag was what held me back. It was just so painful to spend P 1,250 for a tube, i would much rather spend this on a good blush. My makeup philosophy is this: SPEND on Foundation, Blush and Primers but save on Lipstick & Mascara. I will discuss more of this "philosophy" in my next blog. 

So anyway, i was out researching for a possible dupe for NARS Schiap and a lot of the online resources say the closest dupe is Milani's Rose Hip. As i do not have NARS' Schiap, I cannot confirm through swatching if Rose Hip is indeed a dupe. But dupe or not, Rose Hip is such a pretty shocking pink color that you will either truly love or truly hate. It is the most loud fuchsia pink lipstick i have ever had, definitely not for the faint of heart. I once wore this at our office and i was stared at the entire day. I got compliments from some of the girls though and they all wanted to know what lipstick i was wearing.


The Good
- the color is a beautiful bright shocking hot pink
- finish has a bit of sheen but may be blotted for a matte finish. very opaque.
- moisturizing. does not dry out your lips. 
- texture is creamy
- great color payoff. EXTREMELY pigmented!
- staying power is average. without eating and drinking, color stays on about 3 hours. when the color wears off, your lips still has a pink stain on it.
- inexpensive. for the quality and color, this is definitely a bang for your buck.


The Bad
- not available locally
- has a weird, cheap perfume smell that i cannot describe (like Grandma's old lipstick smell)
- the gold, cheap plastic case is a bit tacky


Final Verdict
A+

For the price, this lipstick is great!
Will i purchase again? Once this runs out, yes. But this might last a long time since i would not be wearing this lipstick everyday. 
I am currently eyeing other colors in this lipstick line like Mango Mambo & Orange Gina.


*






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!